Our mother Hazrat Khadija (ra), the first wife of our beloved Prophet (saas), was at the same time the first female Muslim.
Our worthy mother made great efforts to assist the spread of Islam through her intellect, foresight and wisdom.
With her submission, courage and devotion, our mother Hazrat Khadija (ra), one of our Prophet’s (saas) greatest supporters, was a role model for all Muslims.
Our Prophet (saas) first told Hazrat Khadija (ra) of the revelation that came to him; and she, with her intelligence and foresight, her unquestioning obedience to and trust in our Prophet (saas), realized that he had been especially chosen by Allah and believed him straight away . When the prophethood was bestowed upon him, Hazrat Khadija (ra) said"I bear witness that you are the Messenger of Allah" and converted to Islam.
Hazrat Khadija (ra) was from the Quraysh, one of the leading Arab tribes, and her family shared the same line of descent as our Prophet (saas). And although she was subjected to many tests reflecting the moral values of the ignorant Arab society in which she lived, she always exhibited a most powerful and determined character in the face of all adversities.
· According to accounts, Hazrat Khadija (ra) died three years before the hegira (19 April, 620 A.D.) and lived at a time when Islam had not yet become strong and achieved dominion. Despite the difficult conditions of the time, and all the persecution by the pagans of Mecca, she maintained her unquestioning submission to Allah and our Prophet (saas).
· At a time when there were quite literally only three Muslims in the world, Hazrat Khadija (ra) would sometimes worship around the Kaaba with the Messenger of Allah (saas) and Hazrat Ali (ra), and sometimes at home.
· When the pagans of Mecca besieged the Muslims at Shi'bu Abi Talib, Hazrat Khadija (ra) withstood the siege alongside our Prophet (saas) with tremendous courage, fortitude and heroism.
· The immaculate line of our Prophet (saas), that will continue until the Day of Reckoning, is descended from our mother Hazrat Khadija (ra). With the exception of Hazrat Maria (ra), whose son Abraham died subsequently, our Prophet (saas) had no children with any of his other precious wives.
· Our Prophet (saas) had six children with our mother Hazrat Khadija (ra). The first of these was Hazrat Fatima, who would continue the line, from whom Hazrat Hassan and Hazrat Husseinm whose lines will also continue until the Day of Reckoning, were born.
· Our mother Hazrat Khadija (ra) was a wealthy person engaged in business; but after becoming a Muslim, instead of seeking worldly advantages, she happily used everything she had acquired in order to earn the approval of Allah and was a role model in terms of spending her fortune for the sake of Islam.
· Hazrat Khadija’s (ra) purity and chastity were renowned even before her conversion to Islam, for which reason she was known as "Tâhire" (the spotless and immaculate woman).2011-11-27 14:38:21