Certainly, the All-Mighty and Glorious Allah will send AN INDIVIDUAL (one of knowledge) at the beginning of every century who will sort out the superstitions interpolated into the religion of my community and revive it. (Sunan Abu Dawud, 5/100)
“I think of myself as a servant of that AWE-INSPIRING INDIVIDUAL who will come in the future and as one of the soldiers of THAT GREAT COMMANDER.” (Barla Addendum, p. 162)
|In the Kastamonu Addendum, Said Nursi described Hazrat Mahdi (as) and his community as “LORDS OF THE END TIMES” and made it clear that, by Allah’s leave, Hazrat Mahdi (as) would definitely appear.
He also reported that Hazrat Mahdi (as) and his helpers would increasingly expand their spheres of influence and accomplish splendid results through their efforts seeking solely Allah’s consent.
“I have many times indicated in my letters that THE SPIRITUAL ENTITY OF THE HOLY COMMUNITY THE HAZRAT MAHDI (AS) REPRESENTS has three duties. If Doomsday does not come to pass very soon and people do not totally turn away from the (true) path, then we hope from the mercy of Allah that his community and sayyids (those descended from the line of the Prophet Muhammad (saas)) will perform those duties. AND HE WILL HAVE THREE GREAT DUTIES. (Emirdağ Addendum, p. 259)
- Who represents the blessed community? The Hazrat Mahdi (as).
- What does the Hazrat Mahdi (as) represent? His blessed community.
- Here, Bediuzzaman refers to the Hazrat Mahdi (as) who will appear in the End Times having not one or two duties, but THREE DUTIES, and that he will discharge these duties together with the community he represents.
- He reports that these three duties are some of the most important signs distinguishing him from earlier mahdis and his being the GREAT MAHDI (AS).
- In this extract Bediuzzaman makes no distinction between the political Mahdi (as), the Mahdi of Authority or the Religious Mahdi (as), and states that the Hazrat Mahdi (as) he describes as the GREAT MAHDI (AS) will possess these three attributes together.
- In saying this, Bediuzzaman is making it clear that the community led and represented by the Hazrat Mahdi (as) will discharge these duties.
- It is once again made clear that it is the HAZRAT MAHDI (AS) who will discharge these three great duties.
The hidden meaning of this verse confirms the verse “As for those who make Allah their friend, and His Messenger and those who have faith: it is the party of Allah who are victorious!.” ( Surat al-Ma’ida: 56)
-Bediuzzaman Said Nursi said that Hazrat Mahdi (as) will be the leader of the Islamic world. In addition, by describing his rank as a title, he indicates that all Muslims will recognize Hazrat Mahdi (as) as being worthy of that rank.
- Bediuzzaman said that Islamic countries, that were not united in his day, would come together to establish the Islamic Union. He stated that the Hazrat Mahdi (as) will protect Muslims from various threats by making this union a basis.
- Bediuzzaman reported that Hazrat Mahdi (as) will have helpers as he performs this task.
As for those who make Allah their friend, and His Messenger and those who have faith: it is the party of Allah who are victorious! (Surat Al-Ma’ida: 56)