The second coming of the Prophet Jesus (pbuh): Glad tidings Common to Christian World
The love of the Prophet Jesus (pbuh) has bestowed moral virtues on Christians down the ages. In the Qur’an, God describes Christians as "the people most affectionate to those who believe" and says:
... That is because some of them are priests and monks and because they are not arrogant. (Surat al-Ma’ida, 82)
In another verse He refers to Christians’ positive moral values:
Then We sent Our Messengers following in their footsteps and sent Jesus son of Mary after them, giving him the Gospel. We put compassion and mercy in the hearts of those who followed him. (Surat al-Hadid, 27)
Throughout the course of history, Christians have experienced various forms of oppression, chosen lives of hardship by withdrawing from the joys of this world, and made great sacrifices. These things are all important signs of their sincerity. However, that sincerity needs to be strengthened still further in this time when the return of the Prophet Jesus (pbuh) is close at hand.
• According to Christian sources, too, the Prophet Jesus (pbuh) will return to Earth. The second coming of the Prophet Jesus (pbuh) is referred to many times in the Gospel.
• According to Christian sources, too, the return of the Prophet Jesus (pbuh) is close at hand. Many Christians believe that the second coming is imminent because almost all the portents in the Gospel and the Torah regarding the coming of the Messiah have come about.
• According to Christian sources, too, the return of the Prophet Jesus (pbuh) will be the greatest happening in the history of the world. Since such a Prophet as Jesus (pbuh), blessed by God, will soon be returning to Earth, the preparations for that must be made and the matter kept constantly on the agenda.
• Since the Prophet Jesus (pbuh) will unite all believers when he returns, all disagreements, disputes and quarrels among Christians that will be meaningless in the near future must be set aside now.
• When the Prophet Jesus (pbuh) returns, all Christians and Muslims who believe in him will unite in a common belief, so we must strive from now on to overcome all prejudice and distrust between Christians and Muslims.
The final book of the Gospel, "Revelation", says:
… "The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his [Messiah], and He will reign for ever and ever.” (Revelation 11:15)
There is not one of the People of the Book who will not believe in him before he dies… (Surat an-Nisa’, 159)
It is indicated in this verse of the Qur’an that when the Prophet Jesus (pbuh) returns everyone will believe in him, and that faith will thus rule the world in the End Times.
All Christians must share the awareness, fervor, passion, excitement and joy of this approaching great event. As Muslims who share these feelings, we call on Christians:
Come, let us prepare for the approaching return of the Prophet Jesus (pbuh) together. Let us respect the differences between our beliefs in the knowledge that the Prophet Jesus (pbuh) will teach us the truth. Let us strive to fill the world with the peace, brotherhood, compassion and love that he will wish to see. Let us together wage an intellectual struggle against philosophies and ideologies that are hostile to him and deny the existence of God.
Come, let us together await one of the greatest miracles and gladdest tidings in the history of the world.